Apple is refusing to compensate a woman whose Beats headphones exploded in her face, claiming the batteries were not at fault. Earlier this year, the anonymous woman says she was asleep on a flight from Beijing to Melbourne when she was awakened by an explosion and heat searing her face. The sparking headphones burned her face and neck, and half-melted to the floor where she threw them before flight attendants managed to douse them in water. The Australian news site news.com.au reports that Apple — who bought Beats for $3 billion in 2014 — blames the batteries in the headset: “Our investigation indicated the issue…

This story continues at The Next Web

Or just read more coverage about: Apple