Ball of Cream Cheese
A subtler, gentler cheese ball. The whole family will enjoy this appetizer, opening their palettes for a larger meal.
- 3 (8 oz.) packages soft cream cheese
- 1 bell pepper (red), chopped
- 3 chives (aka: shallots or green onions), minced
- 1 (8 oz.) pineapple (fresh or canned) with juice
- 1 tblspn. seasoning salt
- 2 cups of walnuts, finely chopped
- 1. Place the soft cream cheese in a medium size mixing bowl. Mix until the cream cheese is consistently soft. Mix in the red bell pepper, chives, seasoning salt, crushed pineapple and pineapple juice.
- 2. Prepare another mixing bowl, lined with a clinging wrap made from plastic or similar material. Shape the mixed ingredients into a ball and put it on the plastic wrap. Cover the cheese ball in the bowl and place in the refrigerator until the ball has set, at least 2 hours or more.
- 3. When it is time to eat, roll the cheese ball in the nuts, serve, and enjoy.