Meatballs with Baked Beans and Celery
- Man Them’s Good Meatballs!
One Meatball Recipe to Rule Them All, in the Baked Beans and Celery Sauce, bind them.
For the chicken
- 500 grams chicken meat, ground
- 1 onion (white or red), large
- 4 teeth garlic
- 1 bread crust (fresh or dried, according to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1 tblspn. seasoning salt
- 1 pinch of black ground pepper
- 1 handful of fresh dill
- 500 grams potato, white or red
For the sauce:
- 1 can of white beans
- 1 can of dark beans
- 1 head of celery – leave
- 3 carrots
- 100 grams tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1. Clean, prepare and boil or steam potatos (leave the skin on) at least 30 minutes (or until they get soft).
- 2. Soak the bread in water until soft, then squeeze the water out, and then grate it into the ground chicken meat.
- 3. Add 4 teeth of garlic, crushed or grated, into the ground chicken meat.
- 4. Grate the onion, adding it to the ground chicken meat.
- 5. Add finely chopped Dill to ground chicken meat.
- 6. Add pepper and salt to the ground chicken meat, according to taste.
- 7. Mix it all until it is consistent.
- 8. Refrigerate the gorund chicken meat mixture while you make the sauce.
- 9. Place both cans of beans in a large pot.
- 10. Add tomato sauce to the pot
- 11. Grate the carrots and add to the pot.
- 12. Chop the celery (stalks and leaves) to small pieces and add to
- 13. Add water, salt, pepper, according to taste
- 14. Add 2 spoons of onion soup powder or chicken soup powder (according to taste)
- 15. Let it cook on a hot stove (low flame) for 15 minutes. While it cooks, take out the meat from the refrigerator.
- 16. Make little meat balls and put a dusting of flour (white flour) covering the meatballs. Fry them in a hot skittle or pan for a couple minutes each. Try to cook a few at a time.
- 17. When eat bunch of meatballs is fried for a few minutes, put them on a large plate on the side.
- 18. Stir the sauce.
- 19. Add the meatballs to the sauce, and stir gently.
- 20. Let the meatballs cook in the sauce on your stove top for at least 30 minutes, on a medium temperature.
- 21. When it is time to eat, remove from the stove-top. Let it cool 2 – 3 minutes. Plate the dishes. Serve with baked potatos or a yummy bread.
Recipe by: Ayala C. H.