Occupy Camp David G8 Two Socialists Vs Austerity
Occupy Camp David G8 editorial cartoon and Top 10 Spend vs. Austerity jokes
“The Photo-op moments at the Camp David G8 Summit are sponsored by Eastman Kodak … because nothing captures great moments of the past quite like a great American corporation under Chapter 11.” — Yasha Harari
- “Top 10 Spend vs. Austerity jokes”
- 10. President Obama is pulling out all the stops to remind leaders gathered at Camp David for the 2012 G8 Summit that there’s no such thing as a free lunch, even if it’s just a Greek Gyro.
- 9. Chancellor Merkel of Germany is standing up for austerity in tough economic times, despite being a one man team without a man on it.
- 8. President Obama believes that the best way for France and America to maintain strong ties is to trade baguettes, brie and berets, for deficits, dollars and debt.
- 7. President Hollande of France believes that the best way to grow the economy is to do exactly what America is doing … increase the debt to the point of no Return On Investment.
- 6. The EU may be falling apart, but at least for the G8 leaders, it’s fun to Spring at Camp David with the husband of Michelle Obama.
- 5. President Obama wanted to show Chancellor Merkel that he’s not entirely against fiscal responsibility, so he sent out the invitations to the G8 Summit on facebook.
- 4. Google may sue the G8 for using their trademark G.
- 3. The G8 Summit at Camp David was the perfect setting for the Occupy protesters to camp out in tents and protest politicians slumming it in five-star cabins.
- 2. Tweet leaked comment overheard at the 2012 Camp David G8 Summit: “We have all the money, the mints, and the munitions, so we should be fine, even if we have to placate Angela’s monastery policy.”
- … and the #1 Spend vs. Austerity joke is:
- 1. Despite her protestations to the contrary, the German Bundestag has budgeted an undisclosed amount of money for plastic surgery to improve their Chancellor’s image.
- Reference: Yasha Harari for TheDailyDose.com.