Israel Summer 2011 Tent Protest
Israel Summer 2011 Tent Protest cartoon and Top 10 Israeli Tent Protest jokes
- “Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu understands the Israeli public’s concerns about the cost of living as well as any career politician totally disconnected from the reality on the ground.” — Yasha Harari
- “Top 10 Israeli Tent Protest jokes”
- 10. Rent in the largest cities in Israel has gotten so high, that it’s hard for working people to pay for their pita and humus.
- 9. In politics, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. In Israeli politics, the kvetchy wheelers and dealers get the best shady deal (aka: combina).
- 8. On the surface, Israel’s economy is doing exceptionally well. Scratch the surface, however, and you will see that the middle class are being squeezed out of their homes to make room for the ever-miserable wealthy.
- 7. Expecting Israeli politicians to fix the problems of a well-run oligarchy is like expecting an alpha male Lion to give up his status as pride leader.
- 6. Chutzpah is a PM saying he will respond to the calls for immediate action, by forming a government committee to review the high cost of living for the next few years, before doing anything about it.
- 5. Prime Ministers don’t need large felafel balls to enact positive change in Israel, but it doesn’t hurt.
- 4. Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu knows his fellow citizens are upset about the high cost of living, which is why he thinks they should all travel to Europe and stay in five-star hotels to realize how off-base they are.
- 3. Israelis protesting the cost of living by dwelling in tent cities, are ironically inviting more wealthy foreign property buyers to purchase the homes vacated by the seasonal camping fad.
- 2. You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your oligarchs.
- … and the #1 Israeli Tent Protest joke is:
- 1. Never underestimate the power of protest. One minute you’re homeless in Tel Aviv and surfing facebook, the next minute you’re an Internet sensation, and you didn’t even have to tweet your Weiner.
- Reference: Yasha Harari for TheDailyDose.com and OyVey.co.il.