Hurricane Irene Good For Jobs And The Economy
Hurricane Irene editorial cartoon and Top 10 Hurricane jokes
- “Hurricane Irene hit the East Coast of the United States as a Category 1 storm, which means it’s a great time for foolhardy surfers to catch some major waves.” — Yasha Harari
- “Top 10 Hurricane jokes”
- 10. Summertime in the United States would be so boring without the occasional earthquake, hurricane, or reports of increased wood sheeting, electric generator sales, and post-destruction construction jobs.
- 9. With the amount of media exposure, Hurricane Irene is thinking about the day after her big moment in the spotlight, and planning a move to Hollywood to star in a reality show “Real Weather”.
- 8. During a hurricane, when you hear the song “It’s Raining Men”, be sure you don’t get hit by one falling from the sky.
- 7. HURRICANE: Hell Under Rain Ravages Islands Coasts After Neptune Erupts.
- 6. Various fundamentalist Christians are blaming President Obama for Hurricane Irene, which is as logical as it sounds.
- 5. New York City’s Mass Transit Authority is shutting down for safety reasons while Hurricane Irene passes the Big Apple, because Mayor Bloomberg needs to cut some spending in this year’s budget.
- 4. You may be able to stay standing up in hurricane winds, but it’s the large, heavy flying objects that hit you which may make you wish you hadn’t.
- 3. As population increases, weather extremes increase, winters get more snow, summers get hotter, and hurricanes drop more water, so there’s no reason to worry that in the future we won’t have enough fresh water.
- 2. After a major hurricane, the only concrete plans you know you can make are concrete construction plans.
- … and the #1 Hurricane joke is:
- 1. Hurricanes blow, and it’s no rainbow party.
- Reference: Yasha Harari for TheDailyDose.com.