Moamar Gadafi in Hell Steve Jobs in Heaven editorial cartoon and Top 10 dead styles jokes
- “Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit returned home from captivity and received an iPad. 1027 Palestinian jihadis returned home from imprisonment and received a dead Gadaffy.” — Yasha Harari
- “Top 10 dead styles jokes”
- 10. Bell bottoms: The style that dominated the 1970s was a premature ill-begotten fact that people shamelessly wore as a badge of honor.
- 9. Iambic Pentameter: Moamar Khadafi was shot. He’s dead. He was once, in Libya, the state’s head.
- 8. Internet: Steve Jobs invented many cool Internet devices. Muammar Gadhafi, not so much. Both led lives of wealth and influence. The Internet outlived them both.
- 7. Revolutionary: It never goes out of style to be a revolutionary thinker. Revolutionary actors, however, are usually dead by the end of the story.
- 6. Business: In the Third World, the business of running a country with an iron fist must be done in proper formal attire. They leave casual attire to hi-tech CEOs.
- 5. Haiku: Gadaffy is dead. What tyrant will lead fashion, now that he is gone?
- 4. Politics: Nobody ever voted for Muamar Gadaffy or Steve Jobs, because nobody was ever stylish enough to judge their designs.
- 3. Competition: Muamar Gadhafi and Steve Jobs are running a 100 meter sprint race in the after life. Jobs wins, because he actually understood a thing or two about competition. Gadaffy, however, manages to steal the show, with a brazen, daring, bedazzled, afro-centric outfit.
- 2. Capitalism: OccupyWallStreet is demonstrating that just like Steve Jobs and Muamar Gadhafi, Capitalism is dead. Long live greed!
- … and the #1 dead styles joke is:
- 1. Bravado: Despite its popularity in Araby throughout the Ages, bravado, like Gadaffy, is dead, and the undead still rule.
- Reference: Yasha Harari for TheDailyDose.com.