Themes Memes and Laser Beams book cover cartoon and Top 10 book distribution jokes
- “Nothing gets your inner fire going like publishing under a deadline, except maybe a foreclosure notice.” — Yasha Harari
- “Top 10 book distribution jokes”
- 10. Publishers facing distribution deadlines are always under pressure to get the printed pages out the door, because the authors are constantly bringing in more trees.
- 9. Book distribution is part science, part art, and part luck. The trick is the last part.
- 8. If book distribution is how Obama helped himself succeed at becoming President of the United States, then why doesn’t he use the same tactic to fix America’s economy?
- 7. Would your book distribution improve if Muamar Gadhafi were your leader?
- 6. The reason there is no social network like facebook, google+ or twitter that lets publishers contact readers en masse, is because people prefer reading about toilet updates.
- 5. You can’t judge a book by its cover, but you can prevent needless delays in your book distribution if you don’t cover a book by its judge.
- 4. So you want to distribute more books? Ever tried airdropping the pages as leaflets from a Hercules C-130 cargo airplane?
- 3. In the grand scheme of things, book distribution is just one component in a long process to ensure that people can read an original work. Of course you could just grab what you want from a torrent site.
- 2. You can be sure your book distribution is working, usually as soon as you receive your first complaint.
- … and the #1 book distribution joke is:
- 1. If you’re a book distributor, why are you reading this?
- Reference: Yasha Harari for TheDailyDose.com.