10. Dennis Hopper, RIP. He passed away two days before Memorial Day, 2010, which is okay since he never looked his best in white anyway.
9. Summer 2010. You can wear white from Memorial Day to Labor Day, and you can add a splash of black deep sea oil.
8. Memorial Day celebrates the lives of those who died from the wars with the British to the wars in the oil-rich Gulf (of Arabia). In 2010 it also stands for remembering
those who lost their lives at the hands of British Petroleum and in the oil spill of the Gulf (of Mexico).
7. For all the birds and fish dead in the oily Gulf of Mexico, there's no excuse for Obama's pathetic dog and pony show.
6. Ask not what your oil spill can do for you - ask what you can do for your oil spill.
5. Of course politicians showed up to the oil damaged regions of the Gulf of Mexico just before Memorial Day. It takes one slick to know another.
4. The Top Kill and Junk Fill methods of gunking up the oil spill pipes would probably work better if they stuffed the BP executives and lame politicians down the tubes.
3. It takes a village to raise a child, and it takes an incompetent Secretary of State not to pressure British Petroleum to clean up their act faster.
2. Now that it's Memorial Day, the fashion police need not tar and feather the cleanup crews in their white suits. The oil and birds are taking care of that.
... and the #1 funny Memorial Day oil spill joke is:
1. Now that the show LOST is over, and Louisiana's Governor Jindal wants to build barrier islands to protect the coast, they could teleport 'The Island' to the Gulf of
Mexico and let it absorb all the oil and lingering mystery muck.