Funny One Liner:
"Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV) was the longest serving member of Congress in U.S. History. That just goes to show how hard it is to get a Ku Klux Klan member out of office."
~ Yasha Harari
10. The old Senator from West Virginia has passed on to meet his maker. Soon he'll be Dead and Byrd.
9. Senator Byrd did not use computers. Therefore, he was one Byrd that did not tweet on twitter.
8. Senator Byrd said that joining the KKK was his greatest mistake. That comment would have had more gravitas if he had not remained active for two decades.
7. Senator Byrd voted against the two black U.S. Supreme Court Justices, defended the KKK while serving in Congress, voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and somehow
still managed to get a 100% positive report card from the NAACP. Who says people can't be color blind?
6. Given his shameful "white niggers" comment which he made on the Fox News Channel in 2001, do you think it's a coincidence that Senator Robert Byrd died while Obama was
5. Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV). The unofficial historian of the U.S. Senate. The pride of West Virginia. The shame of Americans with a conscience.
4. Whether Robert Byrd made amends with his maker or not, one thing is for sure, there is a special place set aside for him ... in Hell. It's right next to his old KKK
costume and the cross burning next to it.
3. People ask me why I don't respect Robert Byrd for transforming from a biggot and a racist into a modern man accepting of all races and creeds. I tell them it's my
Constitutional Right to hunt any Byrd I see fit, especially those who would have hunted me if they could.
2. I know it is politically incorrect to cast aspersions on the recently deceased Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV) who was respected by his fellow Senators. Well, it is also
politically insane to deign respect to a lifelong hater and biggot, and the idiots who defend him simply give me more to laugh at.
... and the #1 Senator Robert Byrd joke is:
1. Bye Bye Byrd. You won't be missed, except by comedians, for being a forgetful, bumbling laughing stock in your later years.